This question has been flagged
3 Replies

It is possible to sell a service, but use products from the warehouse.

When doing a field service, products are used, but they integrate a service with a fixed price (in the invoice), how can this be done?

Discard
Best Answer

Hello David,

While using the Field Service module, If we add products to our tasks it creates a quotation automatically. Also, odoo creates a product with the same name as the task, product type as service and gives it a default sales price.

image0

In the above example, I created a task named 'Printer repair' and odoo created a product with the same name.

When products are added to the task, the product 'Printer repair' will be automatically added to the sales order line. We can change the sales price of the product (generated for the service) from the quotation generated. Also, the products used will be added to the sales order line.

image1

We can confirm the order and create the invoice directly from the task after delivering the service.

image2

I hope that answers your question. I have tried this in Odoo v.14.

Thank you!

Smita Henej

Junior Odoo Consultant

Tel: +353 1 886 5684 (IE) +44 121 285 5684 (UK)  +91 964 381 7554 (IN)

Target Integration | CRM ERP Cloud

Website | LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | Instagram

Discard
Best Answer

Hello David, Hope you are doing well! 

Alright, we can easily sell both storable and service products during the time of service. For this, need to enable "Extra Quotations" under the setting of Field Service. 

Once it applied, then under the Field Service task model, both Field Service Admin & Users will get an option to add required products (both storable and service). When we add required quantities of the products then one quotation automatically created. You can easily open by clicking on the quotation smart button. And when we open the quotation, we can connect to the normal sales module workflow..

Discard
Best Answer

Absolutely! You could put the items you need from the warehouse into a product bundle and then use that bundle to sell the service. You could also look into drop-shipping options to fill orders without having to keep products in the warehouse.

Discard