This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Dear Community, 

I have a problem with the scrap accounting, and hope you can help me out. 

When I scrap materials through a scrap order in the manfucaturing app, the

counter account for the Stock is always "Stock Interim (Delivered)". 

Is this linked to the Product Category, as there the stock output account is "stock interim (deivered)?

What is actually the meaning of "Stock Output Account"? Or is the purpose of 

this account solely "scrap"? 

Thanks for your support. 

Best regards

Anthony 

Discard
Best Answer

Hello Richard,

I tried to set the account on the location "Stock Valuation Account (Outgoing)" but it still hits the inventory interim (Delivered) account, any advice?

Discard
Best Answer

Hey Anthony,

The stock interim accounts are temporary transitional accounts used when you receive/deliver products and invoice/bill for them. Another name for these accounts that accountants may be more familiar with are "Received but not Billed" or "Delivered but not Invoiced".

The reason Odoo is hitting this account when you scrap a product is because as far as Odoo is concerned this is a product that is leaving your inventory which normally would hit "Delivered but not Invoiced" or as Odoo calls it "Stock Interim Delivered". To change the behavior of Odoo to hit the account you want to hit in this case you will need to go into the configuration of the virtual location "Scrap" and specify the account there.

Make sure to remove the "Internal" location filter to get this comprehensive list.

From there you will set the account on the Scrap location:

This will change the account you hit.

Hope this helps!

Discard